PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS: Supervise and coordinate the daily management of the church Business Office and work with FBC staff members, Finance Team, etc., to achieve the objectives of the church.
1 Maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive church financial matters
2. Give general direction to the weekday operation of the church’s Business Office in the receipt, deposit and disbursement of church funds
3. Prepare financial reports for the membership, Finance Team, Personnel Team, staff members, etc. on predetermined schedules
4. Coordinate the administering of the payroll for church employees
5. Keen understanding of necessary tax reports and make sure they are timely filed and paid
6. Open, review and route invoices/statements/bills to the correct person/group for payment approval and coordinate timely payments
7. Assure the church is in compliance with federal and state labor laws, posting of required Federal and State Notices, etc.
8. Coordinate by tracking and administering employee benefits (Example: Group Health Reimbursement, Annuity Plan, Other Insurance, Vacation Leave, etc.)
9. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field or equivalent experience, ability to manage a complex accounting plan, computer and programs such as Excel, etc., able to prioritize and multi-task and use good time management skills, demonstrate Christian principles in life-style.