General Clerk I
Mount Vernon, Rockcastle, KY (40456)
• Prepping includes classifying of easily recognizable documents, orienting, repairing and removing objects such as staples and paperclips from documents. Prepping also includes unfolding corners, taping down small pieces of paper on larger sheets. Placing patch or bar code separators in between records for scanning
• Demonstrates high levels of safety awareness and notifies supervisor of potential hazards.
• Follows the security and privacy policies, standards and guidelines in order to protect the informational assets of both the company and their customers.
• Process documents timely and accurately according to job specification and their priority.
• Prepping documents may include alphabetizing, putting in numerical order or date order and removing staples.
• Consistently maintain set production quota while maintaining high quality.
• Report and process issues and project concerns timely
• Compile, Sort and Verify Accuracy of Data
• Adjusts to new ideas and methods and retains details very well
• Maintain accurate electronic records of work completed
• Work Overtime as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards with minimal supervision with the assigned time frame.
• Ability to read English as well as cursive writing.
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to identify different document types.
• Ability to work in a production environment, which will be environmentally controlled.
• Conditions may include office environment, computer room, production floor, warehouse and shipping/receiving.
• Occasional exposure to dirt, toner, ink, and other environmental factors is possible
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time up to 10 hours per day.
• Requires repetitive motion with hands and fingers.
• May lift up to 25 lbs periodically and up to 5 lbs. repetitively.
Job salary and benefits:
• Salary range $11.88 – $16.01 Hourly
• Normal working days: weekdays
• 55 hours per week
• Normal work shifts: Second (evening)
• Overtime is required for this position
• The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
• Hourly “Non-exempt” position
Job recruitment information:
Apply in person at Kentucky Career Center 410 E. Mt. Vernon Street Somerset, KY 42501
If candidate meets pre-screening criteria an appointment will be set up by the applicant.