Stratus Plastics International is recruiting an experienced individual to fill the position of Maintenance Technician at our Morgantown facility.
The Maintenance Technician will perform maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and support all aspects of production and maintenance activity, which including preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency repairs, new equipment installation and enhancements, and lean initiatives. Support production with changeover, product set-up and start-up.
· Responsibility for maintaining proper housekeeping and organization of maintenance and all work areas.
· Maintain record of all repairs and preventive maintenance accomplished and cost associated with each piece of equipment.
· Responds to operational equipment outages and/or confers with appropriate individuals to arrange for scheduled operational equipment downtime to be released from service for inspection, service, or repair;
· Must be able to complete projects to include machine relocation and machine guarding projects.
· Ability to complete machine changeovers.
· Ability to run equipment for testing and set up purposes.
· Ability to troubleshoot and replace components and systems that have been identified as needing replacement.
· Ability to operate maintenance machinery, mills, lathes, drill presses and have ability to manufacture or repair precision, design, and machine guarding as needed.
· Follows company health and safety, 5S, and ISO policies and procedures
· Promote an atmosphere of teamwork
· At least Five (5) years previous machine mechanical experience required
· Vocational or Technical Degree/Certificate Required
· Industrial Equipment background preferred
· Basic understanding of electricity and electrical wiring as it relates to machinery and equipment
· Ability to trouble shoot AC and DC electrical components, Understanding of SDS and proper chemical handling
· Ability to obtain Fork Truck certification, Experience with hand and power tools.
· Troubleshoot diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical equipment, Blueprint, sketch layout, wiring diagram, drawing & specification interpretation skills.