Over the road truck drivers are required to perform all necessary driving functions for safe
and efficient delivery of products, including all DOT mandated checklists.
Including the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by management
and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at each
specific Tarter site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
1. Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating
condition prior to departure.
2. Read and verify freight contents against paperwork.
3. Check loads and strap and tarp as necessary.
4. Operate vehicle in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations and
5. Load and unload products without causing damage.
6. Long haul loads across state line as needed.
7. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Effective interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have a Class A CDL and medical card.
2. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
3. Must have excellent communication skills.
4. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Works in all weather condition