Master’s Degree (Business Administration), 2009
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration), 1995
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
– Negotiate all indirect contracts on behalf of Purchasing Dept: successfully avoided cost increases and received multiple accolades from Magna Legal for ensuring suppliers’ compliance with corporate policies, terms and conditions
– Manage daily performance of >250 Customer Liaison, Quality Sort/Re-Work, Supply Chain, Skilled Trades, Temp Staffing, Bulk Gas, Material Handling Equipment, Environmental Compliance and Transportation service providers
– Employ SAP enterprise software and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel) to analyze plant & business unit spending patterns and challenge suppliers to improve quality, schedule and cost efficiencies for internal customers.
– Quality focus culminated in zero “stockouts” in over a year’s worth of material planning and purchasing for multi-million dollar energetic system solutions.
– Led procurement for cross-functional team that facilitated lean manufacturing, maintenance, packaging, and warehousing solutions for daily challenges to scheduled production.
– Laser-focus on compliance ensured all purchased components complied with US and foreign military specifications as well as EBA&D’s engineer drawing requirements.
– Utilized Microsoft Excel extensively as well as IFS enterprise software system for production scheduling, Material Requirements Planning and Enterprise Resource Planning.
Supplies and Equipment Purchasing – Battlefield Airmen Program
– Contracting Officer’s lead Buyer; prepared six Blanket Purchase Agreements to procure components for integration into special operations, explosive ordinance disposal and special investigations systems.
o Near-simultaneous price and schedule negotiations with numerous vendors resulted in 77 commercial supply delivery orders worth $3.5M during my tenure.
– Wrote and administered $3M competitive body armor solicitation for Air Combat Command.
o Scrutinized US Army’s Qualified Manufacturers List and USAF & DoD guidance on body armor standards; drafted Request For Proposals model contract and evaluated suppliers’ proposals.
o Conducted extensive interagency and cross-functional coordination to shepherd purchased items through global logistics system for final delivery to customers in the field.
– Composed Justification and Approval document for sole source procurement of $800K parachute simulator via General Services Administration Federal Supply Schedule.
Logistics Services Procurement – Air Force Security Assistance Center
– Principal Buyer for $450k Egyptian Air Force Integrated Logistics System hardware maintenance contract.
o Analyzed historical, proposed and Federal Supply Schedule prices for computer hardware maintenance in comparison with 2009-2010 Egyptian consumer price inflation data.
o Overcame cross-cultural communication challenges to negotiate fair & reasonable purchase price.
– Managed all Quality Assurance functions necessary to ensure regulatory compliance for designation, training and termination of Contracting Officer Representatives on $3.8M Communications Security services contracts.
– Inspected 100+ contractor files in support of $1.9B Parts/Repair Ordering System logistics contract.
o Ensured adequate procurement justification regarding competition, economical pricing and documented negotiations in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements
Major Systems Acquisitions
– Royal Saudi Air Force F-15SA Fleet Modernization Program
o Primary Buyer responsible for compliance with industrial security, government property, and final delivery of system components in accordance with international export control requirements.
o Resolved complicated $724M funding modification to correct an accounting discrepancy involving 37 contract line items and 10 accounting codes on $11B contract.
o Investigated manufacturer’s analysis of component sub-contractor costs; ensured proposed material costs complied with regulatory requirements for competition, best value, profit/fee analysis, etc.
– F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program Office
o Developed program’s first Master Lease document for use on all future displays and capability demos.
o Identified and enforced reimbursement, liability, insurance, security, and export control requirements for lease of F-35 aircraft back to manufacturer for the United Kingdom’s Farnborough Air Show.
o Authored National Security Interest Determination & Findings document for signature of Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition.
– Unrelenting focus on Six Sigma methodology and statistical process control for lean manufacturing resulted in Green Belt certification.
– Led cross-functional team of five MBA students in New Product Development project (NPD).
– Assessed Valvoline’s NPD process and provided benchmarks consistent with current academic research.
– Executed Supply Chain Management and Mergers and Acquisitions projects for global brands.
– Negotiated commercial flatbed trailer sales & associated price, down payment, and monthly loan amortization terms.
– Led purchasing, inventory, sales, and accounting system functions for 2,500 different items in inventory.
– Built online ecommerce site for commercial flatbed trailers, recreational horse trailers, cargo control items, and parts.
– Developed and maintained several Google Ad Words search engine marketing campaigns.
– Designed, produced, and published all national and regional print magazine advertising.
– Supervised 24/7 armed physical security of aircraft and Priority 1 special munitions at multiple overseas locations.
– Inspected compliance and enforced regulatory requirements for receiving, transporting, storing, issuing and accounting for small arms, ammunition, explosives and weapons vaults.
– Wrote operational needs statements for antiterrorism/force protection system acquisitions and provided the Iraqi theater commander with recommendations for the allocation assets to counter improvised explosive devices and indirect fire threats.
– As Compliance Program Manager/Inspector, ensured conformance with Department of Defense, US Central Command, and Multi-National Force-Iraq guidance.
– Interfaced with Iraqi officers charged with defending the Iraqi Ministry of Defense and coached Iraqi capabilities to secure national institutions and infrastructure.